The purpose of this position is to execute the operational needs to ensure that sufficient inventory levels are maintained at all depositories, that all methods of shipments, transfers are efficient (cost and time); and to keep key staff advised of potential short falls, or overstock situations, and react on the information accordingly. Also, to assist in the handle and management of all customers complaints and official claims in regards to shipments arranged by Kitco (incoming and outgoing), following up with the involved parties in order to resolve them in a timely manner.
This position includes ongoing inventory monitoring and reporting, making recommendations for re-order, communicating with Marketing as required for all inventory Marketing needs, and reviewing depository inventory levels to ensure levels do not exceed insurance coverage, while adhering to Kitco standards and practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adhere to all Kitco policies and procedures
- Ensure that all dealings are done with the highest level of professionalism
- Abide by all personnel policies as outlined in the Kitco handbook
- Comply with Kitco’s customer service standards
- Escalate to team lead/supervisor as issues arise
- Act as a backup to all other teams in the Logistics Division as required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Generate reports for sales history, and analysis of stock
- Maintain Inventory levels to ensure sufficient stock.
- Make recommendations based on reports for re-order / redistribution or liquidation of inventory as needed.
- Regularly review and adjust as needed depository levels (KLI & Cathcart) to ensure inventory does not exceed insurance limits.
- Responsible to verify Monthly depository holding statements against currently Navision position and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Communicate with Marketing on ETA of new products
- Coordinate with Marketing for inventory needs for new and ongoing Promotional items.
- Responsible to communicate with Marketing on product shortfalls and advise when to possibly change “buy-back”
- Assist in setting inventory limits both in Navision and on-line
- Getting armoured quotes for transfers and for external customers, and making sure they are executed efficiently
- Assist in the preparation and execution of transfers between depositories and ensuring policies and procedures for transfers are being followed
- Responsible in the processing of all HK transfers for physical product
- Following transfer procedures in regards to posting and receiving the transfers done between our vaults in the Company internal system (Navision)
- Handling operational aspects of transfer processing
- Assist in the execution and processing of transactions and transfers for storage account orders (CAS), and relaying this information to the vaults
- Act as back-up to monitor Customer holding (CAS) to ensure accuracy
- Filling out the transfer costs in the Company internal system (Navision)
- Handle customers’ complaints in regards to shipments of products (incoming and outgoing)
- Open and follow official claims with the insurance companies when needed, fill out necessary paperwork and follow through with CSR and CCT until claims are resolved.
- Carry out anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing-related duties as required by compliance policy and procedures
- Book and process transactions for customers
- Responsible for Waybill preparation
- Responsible for Invoice review
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Vocational Certificate
- 2+ years experience in similar role
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Listening, validating and empathizing
- Capacity to deal with angry or difficult customers
- Proven analytical skills
- Results oriented
- Self motivated and proactive
- Strong Computer/Internet skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & organization skills
- Reliable with respect to work consistency and time and attendance
- Ability to adapt to change
- Positive attitude and team player
- Willing to learn and fast learner
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English