Kitco Metals Media Division is currently hiring an experienced Digital Media Designer to join our growing media marketing team. In this position, you will be working with all media teams to design compelling experiences that engage our audiences throughout their Kitco digital assets experience. You will be responsible for the daily creation and updating of ongoing graphic needs for the news (print and broadcast), digital products (web, mobile, and apps), sales and marketing teams. Candidate should be highly organized and detail-oriented while being able to prioritize and manage multiple projects. Strong project management skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with creative, technical, operational and digital partners with minimal supervision. You will be working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at once.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABLITIES
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Concept, design, and implementation of campaign work across print, digital, social, broadcast and guerilla marketing efforts.
- Dream up and design innovative advertising , create media kits, presentation materials, web banners and corporate communication materials
- Conceptualize, design, develop and execute graphics in order to effectively execute campaign briefs, sales/marketing materials, print advertising, social and digital media outreach.
- Execute design components for social and digital media projects across all Kitco Media products.
- Design and prepare brand relevant key art, usage guidelines, and toolkits for use across all mediums
- Assist in the design and support the successful implementation of digital experiences that transform how customers interact with the Kitco Media brand, products, and services.
- Deliver email and landing page designs as well as building web forms and multi-step, dynamic marketing campaign automation workflows.
- Conceive and design new web banners, landing pages and HTML email campaigns in alignment with marketing strategies.
- Ensure high quality standards across all designs produced so that it is cohesive, consistent, and meet all branding guidelines (ensure consistency with Kitco Branding)
- Assist and maintain departmental design guidelines and strategies.
- Assist with the event marketing teams with developing social and digital media promotional programs including events, trade shows, conferences, sweepstakes, contests and third party sponsorships to drive brand awareness.
- Lead additional freelance designers as needed.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to discuss brand message, (internal and external) client goals, and design options.
- Ensure all policies and procedures, and internal documents are organized and properly filed according to the established naming and filing conventions
- Maintain files and archive for efficient release, sharing, and repurposing with particular emphasis on adhering to rights agreements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Loves flying solo and collaborating with other great minds
- Experience designing responsive digital content that works across different devices (mobile, tablets, apps), as well as a good understanding of which platform works best for any given requirement.
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography, illustration and motion
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Dreamweaver and has knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience in a CMS (e.g., Wordpress, Drupal) and API’s
- Proficient with marketing automation software (GetResponse, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.).
- Knowledge of wire framing and rapid prototyping tools
- Deep knowledge of color, web/desktop typography, JS, CSS and HTML
- Demonstrate high proficiency in best practices for, digital marketing design and a good understanding of the principles of advertising, marketing and branding.
- Experience in developing digital creative for subscription business with an emphasis on customer acquisition and direct response campaigns.
- Knowledge of stock photography usage and purchase.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent copywriting, editing, and communication skills.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- 4+ years’ experience in marketing and digital media design.
- BA or BFA within graphic design studies, advertising design or a related field
GENERAL OR PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work with writers and producers to develop on-brand design concepts
- Speed and agility; ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design within tight deadlines
- Excellent inter-personal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Dedicated to constant improvement
- Ability to work with others as part of a team
- Ability to learn new software for project tracking and management
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed in order to fulfill urgent tasks
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience on mobile interface development design
- User Experience Design or User Interface Design with experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements/specifications
- Background in supervising a team of design, graphics and other visual talent
- Ability to use research and data to drive design execution.
- Experience with business and finance news, including charting skills
- Experience with social media imagery—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
***We will keep your resume on file for an undetermined period for future career opportunities.