The Manager - Financial Analysis and Strategic Planning position is responsible for financial management and strategic planning for departmental and key corporate initiatives. It also includes identifying and evaluating risk areas with transactional processes and recommending corrective measures and other factors. The Manager will work with department heads and the IT group to resolve issues as they arise. The Manager is expected to take ownership of the financial function redesign the flow and dependencies to optimize efficiencies and control risk.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Investigate inconsistencies and work with Directors and the IT department to resolve differences, regulate the situation and correct any systematic or programming problems
- Perform monthly validations ensuring that daily changes to inventory and A/R and other balance sheet accounts are consistent with transactions
- Provide a financial analysis for each department
- Prepare monthly or other periodic management report showing variances and trends
- Review cost and price structure
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports.
- Assist the Director Finance in producing annual budgets and forecast models.
- Analyze and interpret monthly variances and trends between budgets and actual results.
- Develop and calculate portfolio average cost and profit/loss by each metal; average cost and gross profit per product; and trading Gain/Loss
- Review procedures and automate (including building Excel macros) new and existing financial/accounting reports to reduce manual work, eliminate human error, and improve time and quality of the work.
- Review cost and price structure; provide financial support and analysis to Managers and Directors for strategic business decisions and cost savings initiatives.
- Analyze business requirements, help preparing technical specifications for new reports, and perform Ad hoc analysis, UAT and regression testing.
- Resource person for financial, operational, and statistical manners.
- Review departmental workflows and reengineer daily, weekly and monthly processes.
- Introduce controllership standards and treasury verifications.
- Spearhead departmental and companywide projects to increase revenues and maximize profitability.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent technical abilities
- Understanding of accounting balancing concept
- Strong understanding of risk management
- At least 7+ years’ experience in the field
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or related field